The front door is arguably the most important feature of your home, representing the beginning and end of each day, welcoming guests, and providing protection for your family. At Windows To Go, our knowledgeable staff will walk you through the design process from material selection to post-installation maintenance.
Common Entry Door Materials
Wood doors offer solid construction and an undeniable feeling of warmth, making your house a home. Throughout history, the mortise and tenon construction of wood doors has made them a timeless choice.
Wood entry doors enhance your entranceway and give you the opportunity to customize your home’s first impression with an array of wood species and stunning finishes. Wood is a great product for customization, giving you the opportunity to create a one of a kind entry door.
Fiberglass entry doors are strong, durable, lightweight and are resistant to extreme temperatures. Fiberglass entry doors are a popular choice with an array of popular style options, superior energy efficiency, and little maintenance.
Advantages of Fiberglass Doors
- Texture options including smooth or wood grain in oak, mahogany, and Douglas fir
- Factory finish options for staining or painting with a 10-year warranty
- Dimensional stability and an authentic wood door appearance from true square-edge construction
- Fiberglass will not rust and resists denting and warping
- Composite and rot-resistant door jambs are available
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Insulate 5X better than a traditional door
- Multi-pane decorative and clear glass designs provide improved insulation
Steel doors offer a broad range of design options that provide energy efficiency as well as an upgrade to your exterior at an economical price. Steel entry doors are a popular choice for an exterior refresh while also enabling you to stay in budget. Today, steel doors are available in a variety of styles, shapes, and finishes.
Advantages of Steel Doors
- The durability of steel offers added security
- With the proper finish, steel is rust and rot-resistant
- Offered with a wood or steel edge
- 20 or 90-minute fire ratings are available
- Provides energy savings
- Decorative glass provides added insulation
Contact us today and we will help you with any of your entry door needs!